Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 2

Just prior to day 2 I fell asleep before Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy were united.

On the way to work this morning I decided to resume reading the e-book I recently borrowed from Melbourne Library Service - but alas the loan had expired. Fortunately only a couple of stations passed before I had successfuly re-borrowed it via the Overdrive app. It even took me back to the exact spot where I'd left off, which was pretty impressive. The book is Devil's food by Kerry Greenwood.

Flagstaff Station was mercifully quiet so the walk down the usually congested William Street was more pleasant than usual, particularly with a beautiful clear crisp Melbourne morning exerting its rare charm.

Before too long I was at work and spent the day sorting out the usual assortment of minor crises, issues, queries, problems and occasionally being productive. LibraryThing for Libraries is now live in the online catalogue after too long a delay.

Tonight I made rhubarb juice, which I'd never heard of before. Not sure if I'll actually drink any of it but it looks pretty. After about three hours pottering about I decided on a very simple dinner - marinated tofu, mushrooms, onions and red capsicum baked in a cast iron pan in the oven and served over baby spinach.

Tomorrow's task will be to choose an iPad blogging app that will allow photo uploads - BlogPress looks promising but seems to have a few issues so I think a bit more research is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment