Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cold

After days of sweltering heat and humidity today has turned cold. Really cold. As I write it is 14 degrees Celsius at my nearest weather station, and that seems to be about as warm as it's been all day.

For the first time in over a month I had to open the sock drawer. Then I had to find a pair of socks, put them on and add a pair of shoes before I went out for a walk. Unthinkable!

Only a few days ago I was making plans to buy an extra fan to cool the bedroom. Today I am wondering if we have enough snakes to block the draughts that are insinuating their way through every nook and cranny in the house and enough door stoppers to prevent the doors from banging as the gusts of wind send everything astir.

Melbourne. What a crazy place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment